Thursday, September 13, 2012

Literary Bucket List

1 Battle Royale - Koushun Takami: This book is a must read for any fan of the Hunger Game series. I liked the series and i heard this book was a lot like it so i figured i would check into it. From what i heard a class of kids are kidnapped by the government and forced to kill each other until only one is left standing.

2 The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater: I want to read this book because the author wrote the Shiver series and i liked that series a lot, so i figured why not give this one a shot. It is about a "death race" so to speak. I read the back of the book and the inside cover and it caught my interest right away. I am looking forward to reading this book.

3 The Gray Wolf Throne - Cinda Chima: This is the third book in its series, the Seven Reamls series. I have read the first and second and I enjoyed them enough to want to read this one. This is also a fantasy book, which is my favorite genre, so that fact also picked my interest.

4 Calico Joe - John Grisham: I wanna read this one because my english teacher Mrs. Gillmore promoed this book in class and it is by John Grisham. I have read a few books by this author and i liked them so i decided to give this one a try.

5 Supernaturales - Eon Colfer: Eon Colfer is one of my favorite authors. The Artimas Fowl series is also one of my favorite series. Since this book is by him, I automaticly came to the decision that this book was worth my time and i want to read it ASAP!

6 The Looking Glass Wars - Frank Beddor: I love everything about Alice In Wonderland. The books. cartoons, and the movie. When i heard there was a new book coming out that put a spin on the story i new i wanted to read it. A few of my friends have read it and they said it was good.

7 Seeing Redd - Frank Beddor: This is the second book in the Looking Glass War series. While I haven't read the first one YET, I still want to read this and the other book in the series, Arch Enemy. I know this book will be an amazing one and i can't wait to read it.

8 Arch Enemy - Frank Beddor: The third installment in the Looking Glass War trilogy.I want to read this one because I love everything dealing with Alice In Wonderland. I have ever since I first saw the cartoon when I was a little kid. So, I'm guessing there is a very good chance this book will be amazing.

9 The Serpent's Shadow - Rick Riordan: My brother, Austin, was reading this book and I sort of skimed it and it seems very interesting. I have read the other books in this series and I liked them
so I figured I would give this one a try.

10 It's A Book - Lane Smith: This book was shown in my class as a book trailer. It made me laugh and i like books that make me laugh. True, this book won't be high on my "to-read-list" but it will be read eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment