Tuesday, October 9, 2012

C.E. 2

In a recent post on the cite UPI.com entitled "German High School Bans Homework," it tells what reform this school made, and why they deemed this necessary.

The school this post is talking about is the Elsa-Brandstrom high school in North Rhine-Westphalia. They have decided to rid the student of homework, one of the most dreded things ever. They did this "to help students unwind." I like the idea of no homework, but I, as much as it pains me to say this, don't see this change coming to my school any time soon. Also, another reform had to happen that made this possible that I am not ok with.

This change is that they did away with a year of high school and elongated the school day and year. I absolutly hate this idea. If this never happend at my school that would be to soon. I understand that means homework will never be done away with, but, hey, a man can dream can't he?

While researching this article I came across a school in the US that also has done away wtih homework. They instead asign reading to be done. So, maybe the daughnting task of homework will soon be a thing of the past.

While almost any student will tell you that homework is stupid and should go away, those same student would say the same about the idea of extending the school days. So, i think change is just a distant thought that the students of this generation will not have to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment