Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Book Review 2: Second Chance (2nd sem)

Have you ever wondered if there are vampires? Have you ever asked yourself what it would be like to be one? How about, what it would be like to hunt one? Heather Brewer's The Hunter's Chronicles: Second Chance pulled me in with its likable characters and chilling story and didn't let me go 'till it was over.

There are many things I like about this book. A few examples would be the characters, the writing style, and the author. While these are just a few things I like about this book, these are the ones that really made this book spectacular in my opinion. First up, the author.

The author, Heather Brewer, is among the top of my favorite authors. I like her writing style and the worlds she creates. Books like the Vladimir Todd series, the Slayer Chronicles series, the series this book is apart of, and the Legacy of Tril series are the books that make Mrs. Brewer one of my favorite authors. I would recommend her books to anyone and everyone.

Next, the writing style I mentioned before. Heather Brewer has a phenomenal writing style. She has enough story development to make it interesting, but spaces it out enough to where the story is actually fun to read. It draws you in and keeps you interested and entertained until the very end. I give the w.s. an 8/10.

Finally, and what I consider the most important out of the three, the characters. The main group of characters in this book some of the best characters in any book I have read. They are relatable  while being fantastical enough to be wowed by them. Also, They give off this family vibe that just draws the reader in more. Like I said, this is the most important aspect of this book because even with an amazing story, fantastic writing style, and a respectable background, if the characters suck then the book is gonna bomb. More than a few books have lost my interest because I just did not like the characters.

Everything considered, this book would have to be in my top 10 favorite books. I would definatly recommend this book to any vamp lover or fantasy reader as well as anyone who enjoys a good story. This is definatly a book one dose NOT want to pass on.

No comments:

Post a Comment